Have you ever worked with clients in different time zones or wanted to send an email update at a later date and time? If you are a Google Suite user, you may have come across the “Schedule Send” tool.
Why would you use it?
There are a few ways you may want to utilize the “Schedule Send” tool.
- Schedule birthday wishes in advance so that you don’t forget.
- If you have a colleague in a different time zone and you want to be courteous when they hear that “you got mail” chime on their cell-phone.
- You’ve outlined a proposal to a client, but don’t want to be eager and send it over right away.
- Do you have a meeting scheduled and want to schedule an email reminder to go out 24-hours prior to the meeting.
- If you check in quarterly or monthly with your clients, develop a template and pre-schedule to send on certain dates and times.
It is easy. Write up an email as you normally would, then select the date/time you would like it to go out. Once you have scheduled the email, it will appear in a “scheduled” folder until it is actually emailed. This will allow you to make edits if needed.
Don’t have Google Suite for business? Learn more.